Geologist or Environmental Scientist
Brilliant Environmental Services, LLC (Brilliant) Jackson, NJ office seeks a Geologist or Environmental Scientist with experience providing environmental consulting support and project management for site remediation projects in NJ.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Self perform, coordination and oversight of all investigation and remediation field activities that includes soil boring activities, monitoring well installations, and oversight of subcontractors.
- Provides Project Management for medium to large size project sites consisting of budget management, work progression, client and LSRP updates, proposal/change-order preparation, and compliance with NJDEP timeframes.
- Provides immediate response services for clients and is able to work with client-directed response contractors to mitigate releases.
- Field sampling, including soil, groundwater, air and sediment
- Authors site work plans, reports and proposals for more complex scopes of work including: comprehensive site characterizations and remedial action plans. These reports should contain multiple level and interrelated interpretations and conclusions as well as identify recommendations based on the conclusions. All report preparation should be in compliance with the NJDEP regulations for key submittals.
- Provides technical and financial oversight of project sites. Technical responsibilities may include monitoring contaminant concentrations and fate/transport properties, QA/QC of data collected and documents generated, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations. Financial duties may include evaluate budgets vs. plans, analyze cost control efficiencies, and review pre-bills and invoices.
- Communicates with third party and regulatory agents regarding schedules and compliance issues.
- Follows client contract specifications in all field-related activities and informs project group of those specifications.
- Adheres to all OSHA, Brilliant and Client Health & Safety standards and all Company Policies & Procedures in all project and field-related activities.
Skills & Requirements
- This position requires a B.S. degree in Geology, Environmental Science, (or other related discipline) and typically 3 or more years of related experience.
- Experience should include: investigation, reporting and remediation of contaminated sites in NJor handling large volumes of a similar type work.
- Experience in developing scopes of work, scheduling and implementation of the scope of work, and preparing proposals for complex sites.
- Experience with LNAPL discovery, investigation, delineation, recovery / remediation and reporting.
- Working knowledge of New Jersey's environmental regulations, guidance and LSRP program are required.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
- Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, STD, LTD, and more
Brilliant is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Send all coverletters, resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org